GHANA:TIGO CASH PAYS OUT OVER 600 CLAIMS FOR FAMILY CARE INSURANCE
Over a year ago, Tigo decided to pay out Insurance Claims for its award-winning Family Care Insurance product through Tigo Cash. While beneficiaries may have been skeptical to begin with, over 600 claims had been paid as of December 2012 through Tigo Cash and customer reviews are extremely positive.
Family Care Insurance, a product, designed in partnership with Milvik (Bima) and underwritten by Vanguard, provides life insurance cover for Tigo subscribers and their close relatives. Combining this groundbreaking product with the experience of yet another of Tigo's fastest growing innovations - Tigo Cash - puts Tigo's Family Care Insurance beneficiaries at the forefront of change and product diversity within the Ghana telecoms industry.
"To date, Tigo Family Care Insurance has paid out over 600 claims, amounting to over GhC100,000. Most of these have been paid through Tigo Cash, bringing enormous convenience to the doorsteps of our beneficiaries who, in time of the loss of a loved one, need all the support they can get." said Abdul Nasser-Alidu, Head of Solutions Category at Tigo. Beneficiaries of Family Care Insurance need not travel to pick up a cheque, so time that would be otherwise wasted in traffic can now be spent at home with loved ones at the time of mourning. Not only that, these customers also save cash on bus and taxi fares enabling them to economize during what can be a time of great financial strain.
Tigo Cash is an exciting product that has seen significant customer adoption this year. More importantly, customer satisfaction is very high and feedback shows that, despite the high amounts paid out, all beneficiaries have received their cash with no wahala!
One beneficiary, Patience Boadu from Ahafo Kenyasi in Sunyani, who was not previously registered on Tigo Cash until the Family Care Insurance payment, swears by the convenience of Tigo Cash, " I was beyond excited because I least expected to receive the money on my phone and then without any delays! It is so convenient."
The benefits of Tigo Cash for Family Care Insurance beneficiaries goes beyond just receiving the claims on your phone. For several beneficiaries, they have been able to send cash to other family members helping with funeral planning to buy goods, and pay for services, without the wahala of leaving home. David Arthur from Mansam Odumase, when asked about his experience said “Tigo Cash saved me a lot of time from moving from place to place to send cash! I just send Tigo Cash now.” Another beneficiary from Tema when asked if they will recommend Tigo Cash to their friends and family said "Yes I have already recommended it to my friends and family since it is really easy to send cash to anyone on any network from my phone! I even spoke to people about it at the funeral”
In short, Tigo Cash is slowly changing the lives of several Ghanaians, and is proving to be a compelling offering that provides several benefits that customers greatly value.
About Tigo Family Care Insurance:
Tigo Family Care Insurance provides life insurance protection for prepaid subscribers and one family member of their choice. The premium is charged within the customer’s airtime and the level of insurance coverage is based on the amount of airtime used in the previous month. The policy is automatically renewed from month to month as long as customers use a minimum amount of airtime (US$2.60) on the Tigo network.
Tigo Family Care Insurance was launched in December 2010. The product is designed in partnership with Milvik (Bima), underwritten by Vanguard Life and claims are administered by MicroEnsure.
For more information on Tigo Cash and / or Family Care Insurance, please visit Tigo's website at www.tigo.com.gh.
- Global mobile financial services technology provider.
- A complete mobile money solution for mobile money providers in emerging markets.
- Serves both mobile and e-payment needs in the Nigerian market place.
- splash is Sierra Leoneís first mobile payment system.
- Teasy is an innovative Nigerian based mobile payment company
- EASY, INSTANT and CONVENIENT way of sending cash at ANYTIME, ANYWHERE, to ANYONE on ANY NETWORK
- Stanbic MobileMoney Agent at Shoprite
- Stanbic MobileMoney Stand at Shoprite
- Visit to Management of Comviva,India
- Agency field work with FortisMM, Ibadan
- Agency activities with FortisMobile,Ibadan
- EazyMoney Agent training, Lagos state
- EazyMoney Agent training, Oyo State.
- EazyMoney Agency Training, Edo State
- EazyMoney Agent Training
- Group visit to Tigocash,Ghana
- TigoCash Agent branding stand, Accra
- TigoCash Agent outlet, Accra
- Tariff Table, TigoCash Ghana.
- Field work in Enugu State.
- Agent in Enugu State.
- Agency Field work in East of Nigeria.
- Merchant ID
- Splash MobileMoney Call Center Team
- Agent group Training, Lagos
- Agent group training, Lagos
- Splash MobileMoney, Sierra Leone
- Visit to Splash MobileMoney, Sierra Leone.