NIGERIA : VCASH Rollout Kickoff
CEO - VTN
JANUARY 7, 2013
We have reached a milestone and are pleased to share this information to the general public, though members of the local press here in Ibadan. We truly appreciate your interest and I am personally at your disposal to answer any questions.
Today we officially launch our VCASH mobile payment service with a preliminary kickoff event for VCASH agents and superagents, and for those wishing to join our family, at the University of Ibadan Conference Center.
The opportunity we are so fortunate to be in a position to offer is to become part of the mobile financial revolution that is sweeping across Africa. Though but a small ripple today, the foundation has been laid with some 100 million mobile phones active in every corner of our nation. A financial groundswell is imminent and it promises to transform lives. Those with the foresight to jump in with discipline and with the tenacity to execute correctly will be successful. That today's event is being held at one of Nigeria's most prestigious universities is entirely appropriate, as this next leg of our journey is all about education and human capital.
To get to this point we've had to pass over many hurdles. We've passed over technology hurdles by providing electronic transaction services for years in Nigeria. This experience also provided us with a nuanced insight of Nigerian consumer behaviors regarding digital money. We've passed regulatory hurdles and are now fully licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria. We've begun exciting partnerships. Next is perhaps the highest hurdle of all, building out a full team, that will be our bridge linking the digital world with the physical world, "the last mile" to reach the urban and rural poor.
So today's event brings together the early adopters, the visionaries who have already spent time and money getting trained in our systems and complying with every regulatory requirement. VCASH is not a monopoly; CBN has issued a number of mobile payments licenses and our agents have been and remain free to sign up with any or all of them. Most of our agents have explored the possibilities and have told us that they realize that VCASH is the only licensee that puts them in the drivers seat rather than the back of the bus. They see the systems we have in place that are designed to make money for agents on the ground. These include numerous and generous commissions, online support, training and guidance for those willing to successfully run broad-based agencies.
This Kick-Off event is partly a celebration of our new service, partly an announcement of a never-before-in-Nigeria partnership and an innovative grant program, and partly a skull session to educate our brothers and sisters in this effort about all things VCASH.
We are gratified and humbled that our family is expanding so rapidly. We give them the shirts off our back but still our embrace is one of tough love. VCASH agents and superagents must be at the top of their game. Our vision is crystal clear -- their success is essential to ours and we are determined to go above and beyond to support them.
- Global mobile financial services technology provider.
- A complete mobile money solution for mobile money providers in emerging markets.
- Serves both mobile and e-payment needs in the Nigerian market place.
- splash is Sierra Leoneís first mobile payment system.
- Teasy is an innovative Nigerian based mobile payment company
- EASY, INSTANT and CONVENIENT way of sending cash at ANYTIME, ANYWHERE, to ANYONE on ANY NETWORK
- Stanbic MobileMoney Agent at Shoprite
- Stanbic MobileMoney Stand at Shoprite
- Visit to Management of Comviva,India
- Agency field work with FortisMM, Ibadan
- Agency activities with FortisMobile,Ibadan
- EazyMoney Agent training, Lagos state
- EazyMoney Agent training, Oyo State.
- EazyMoney Agency Training, Edo State
- EazyMoney Agent Training
- Group visit to Tigocash,Ghana
- TigoCash Agent branding stand, Accra
- TigoCash Agent outlet, Accra
- Tariff Table, TigoCash Ghana.
- Field work in Enugu State.
- Agent in Enugu State.
- Agency Field work in East of Nigeria.
- Merchant ID
- Splash MobileMoney Call Center Team
- Agent group Training, Lagos
- Agent group training, Lagos
- Splash MobileMoney, Sierra Leone
- Visit to Splash MobileMoney, Sierra Leone.