MoneyGram Launches Mobile Money Transfer in Spain
Agreement with Movistar Remesas enables mobile option from Spain to any MoneyGram location.
MoneyGram,a leading global money transfer company, and Movistar Remesas, a leading local remittance company, are launching a service that will allow consumers to send money using their mobile phones from Spain to any of MoneyGram's 293,000 agent locations around the world.
MoneyGram and Movistar are pairing the launch with a 50 percent transaction fee discount for transactions sent using the new service before March 18, 2013.
Technology to activate the new service, which may be accessed through mobile app stores and installed on smart phones, will allow customers to send money transfers through MoneyGram's robust agent network across 197 countries and territories.
"Cross-border mobile money transfer has compelling value for senders and recipients worldwide in terms of convenience, reliability and safety," said Horacio Perez, managing director, Movistar Remesas. "Leveraging consumer trust in MoneyGram and their extensive global reach, we will enable our customers to provide their end-users with the convenience and flexibility to receive money where it's needed quickly and securely, anywhere in the world."
"MoneyGram is actively developing new mobile and online channels to meet our customers' evolving needs to access cash quickly, easily and globally," said Ignacio Gil, country director, MoneyGram. "Movistar's extensive experience in the mobile services space brings a secure environment that extends MoneyGram's money transfer services to consumers and gives them more options. With this solution, Movistar Remesas and MoneyGram customers can enjoy a new and innovative way to send money to their loved ones."
The agreement comes on the heels of other recent mobile-related announcements for MoneyGram.
Earlier this year, the company announced a global agreement with PayPal that will enable consumers to easily access money in their digital wallets through MoneyGram locations in the physical world. Before that, MoneyGram announced a global agreement to provide MoneyGram services using Gemalto's LinqUs Mobile Money solution.
MoneyGram, a leading global money transfer company, enables consumers who are not fully served by traditional financial institutions to meet their financial needs. MoneyGram offers money transfer services worldwide and bill payment services in the United States and Canada through a global network of more than 293,000 agent locations-including retailers, international post offices and financial institutions-in 197 countries and territories around the world. To learn more about money transfer or bill payment at an agent location or online, please visit moneygram.com.
- Global mobile financial services technology provider.
- A complete mobile money solution for mobile money providers in emerging markets.
- Serves both mobile and e-payment needs in the Nigerian market place.
- splash is Sierra Leoneís first mobile payment system.
- Teasy is an innovative Nigerian based mobile payment company
- EASY, INSTANT and CONVENIENT way of sending cash at ANYTIME, ANYWHERE, to ANYONE on ANY NETWORK
- Stanbic MobileMoney Agent at Shoprite
- Stanbic MobileMoney Stand at Shoprite
- Visit to Management of Comviva,India
- Agency field work with FortisMM, Ibadan
- Agency activities with FortisMobile,Ibadan
- EazyMoney Agent training, Lagos state
- EazyMoney Agent training, Oyo State.
- EazyMoney Agency Training, Edo State
- EazyMoney Agent Training
- Group visit to Tigocash,Ghana
- TigoCash Agent branding stand, Accra
- TigoCash Agent outlet, Accra
- Tariff Table, TigoCash Ghana.
- Field work in Enugu State.
- Agent in Enugu State.
- Agency Field work in East of Nigeria.
- Merchant ID
- Splash MobileMoney Call Center Team
- Agent group Training, Lagos
- Agent group training, Lagos
- Splash MobileMoney, Sierra Leone
- Visit to Splash MobileMoney, Sierra Leone.