UGANDA: Dstv, MTN Pledge 10% Discount For Mobile Money Subscription
December 17, 2012
MTN customers will this feastive season be able to pay their DSTV subscription using MTN Mobile Money and get 10% discount as well as enter a draw to win weekly prizes. This promotion will run for 3 months from 13th December 2012 to 28th February 2013.
MTN Uganda in partnership with Multichoice Uganda is rewarding its loyal customers and welcoming new users with a token present during this festive season.
Marketing Manager of MultiChoice Uganda Mr. Albert Nga said, “With MTN having the biggest mobile money platform in the country, this partnership was crucial to us to ensure we bring convenience to our customers”.
“Our objective is to reward subscribers who have embraced innovativemethods of payment and ensure the benefits are obvious to our customers to employ when they pay their DStv and GOtv subscription,” added Nga.
MultiChoice Uganda was the first corporate 'Pay Bill' partner on MTN Mobile Money since 2010. The partnership enables MultiChoice/ DStv subscribers in Uganda who are registered on MTN mobile money to pay their TV bills using mobile money.
With over 60% of MultiChoice subscribers also being MTN customers and 30% of MultiChoice subscribers making their DStv bill payment using Mobile Money, this promotion will benefit both DSTV and MTN subscribers.
MTN Uganda Chief Marketing Officer, Ernst Fonternel said this new promotion shows MTN’s commitment to giving back to its customers particularly now as we all get geared up for the festive season. “At MTN Uganda we continue to look as always to give back to our customers with relevant offers,” he added.
“To use this service, one needs to be a registered MTN Mobile Money customer with sufficient money on your MTN Mobile Money account and grand prizes to be won includes free DStv decoders and monthly subscription fees among other exciting prizes,” said Fonternel.
MultiChoice Africa is the leading digital pay television operator in Africa offering digital multi-channel multi-platform television entertainment. As a pioneer of pay television, with an unmatched track record of over two decades of investment on the continent, it’s investments have brought both social and economic benefits to the communities in which it operates through investment, job opportunities, partnerships and training.
MultiChoice Africa provides a dynamic technology platform and assembles a range of bouquets built around compelling news, as well as premium movies, documentaries and sports channels.
- Global mobile financial services technology provider.
- Innovative Mobile Wallet service in Ghana.
- Serves both mobile and e-payment needs in the Nigerian market place.
- splash is Sierra Leoneís first mobile payment system.
- Teasy is an innovative Nigerian based mobile payment company
- EASY, INSTANT and CONVENIENT way of sending cash at ANYTIME, ANYWHERE, to ANYONE on ANY NETWORK
- Stanbic MobileMoney Agent at Shoprite
- Stanbic MobileMoney Stand at Shoprite
- Visit to Management of Comviva,India
- Agency field work with FortisMM, Ibadan
- Agency activities with FortisMobile,Ibadan
- EazyMoney Agent training, Lagos state
- EazyMoney Agent training, Oyo State.
- EazyMoney Agency Training, Edo State
- EazyMoney Agent Training
- Group visit to Tigocash,Ghana
- TigoCash Agent branding stand, Accra
- TigoCash Agent outlet, Accra
- Tariff Table, TigoCash Ghana.
- Field work in Enugu State.
- Agent in Enugu State.
- Agency Field work in East of Nigeria.
- Merchant ID
- Splash MobileMoney Call Center Team
- Agent group Training, Lagos
- Agent group training, Lagos
- Splash MobileMoney, Sierra Leone
- Visit to Splash MobileMoney, Sierra Leone.