Safaricom Accused to Stealing Idea for its Micro-Loans Service
Kenya's Safaricom is facing allegations that its new interest paying accounts and micro-loans service is based on an idea developed by the local micro-finance institution, Faulu Kenya.
Faulu Kenya said that Safaricom's new M-Shwari service was their idea and product and has asked a court to ban the service pending a full hearing.
In a statement, Faulu Kenya said that it developed the cash-advance service and then contacted Safaricom to seek a partnership with the mobile network operator.
The two companies signed standard non-disclosure agreements, but Safaricom is accused of them using the information gained to launch its own version,
The court has however declined to issue a temporary ban, until it has heard Safaricom's side of the dispute.
The case will be heard next week.
- Global mobile financial services technology provider.
- Innovative Mobile Wallet service in Ghana.
- Serves both mobile and e-payment needs in the Nigerian market place.
- splash is Sierra Leoneís first mobile payment system.
- Teasy is an innovative Nigerian based mobile payment company
- EASY, INSTANT and CONVENIENT way of sending cash at ANYTIME, ANYWHERE, to ANYONE on ANY NETWORK
- Stanbic MobileMoney Agent at Shoprite
- Stanbic MobileMoney Stand at Shoprite
- Visit to Management of Comviva,India
- Agency field work with FortisMM, Ibadan
- Agency activities with FortisMobile,Ibadan
- EazyMoney Agent training, Lagos state
- EazyMoney Agent training, Oyo State.
- EazyMoney Agency Training, Edo State
- EazyMoney Agent Training
- Group visit to Tigocash,Ghana
- TigoCash Agent branding stand, Accra
- TigoCash Agent outlet, Accra
- Tariff Table, TigoCash Ghana.
- Field work in Enugu State.
- Agent in Enugu State.
- Agency Field work in East of Nigeria.
- Merchant ID
- Splash MobileMoney Call Center Team
- Agent group Training, Lagos
- Agent group training, Lagos
- Splash MobileMoney, Sierra Leone
- Visit to Splash MobileMoney, Sierra Leone.