Paga, First Monie, Stanbic IBTC Win Mobile Payment Gong Categories at FT Awards
Paga, Nigeria’s leading money transfer service launched in February 2011 has been adjudged the best independent mobile money carrier in the country. The hugely successful mobile money service that has recorded over 319,330 users won Best Use of IT in Mobile-Payment (Independent) category at the Nigerian Financial Technology Awards organised by financialtechnology magazine. The award goes to an independent operator with the best use of mobile platform for provision of financial services.
According to a press statement signed by the editor-in-chief of financialtechnology magazine, Sola Fanawopo, “Paga won for its aggressive marketing, branding and agents’ network development”, he said. Pocket Moni, the mobile money service, powered by eTranzact was nominated in the same category.
Firstmonie, the fast, safe and convenient mobile money service from First Bank which allow people to send and receive money, buy airtime and pay bills from their mobile phone without a bank account also emerged as winner of Best Use of IT in Mobile-Payment (Bank-led).
The awards go to the bank and its MNO partner with the best use of mobile platform for provision of financial services. Firstmonie won for aggressively deploying its agents' network across Nigeria. Afripay, the mobile money services, powered by UBA was nominated in the same category.
In a related development, Mobile Money from Stanbic IBTC emerged the winner for the Best Use of IT In Mobile-Payment (Bank-focused) category. “This award goes to the bank with the best use of mobile platform for provision of banking services. Stanbic IBTC won the awards because of its aggressive marketing and promotion campaigns”.
The awards, which rewarded and recognized innovations and excellence in IT activities in the financial banking, insurance, microfinance industry and capital market, was in commemoration of the fifth year anniversary of financialtechnology magazine. Institutions that have distinguished themselves in the provision of financial service via the use of technology were honoured and celebrated at the awards, which held at the Grand Ballroom of the prestigious Lekki Oriental Hotel, Lagos on November Friday 30, 2012.
- Global mobile financial services technology provider.
- A complete mobile money solution for mobile money providers in emerging markets.
- Serves both mobile and e-payment needs in the Nigerian market place.
- splash is Sierra Leoneís first mobile payment system.
- Teasy is an innovative Nigerian based mobile payment company
- EASY, INSTANT and CONVENIENT way of sending cash at ANYTIME, ANYWHERE, to ANYONE on ANY NETWORK
- Stanbic MobileMoney Agent at Shoprite
- Stanbic MobileMoney Stand at Shoprite
- Visit to Management of Comviva,India
- Agency field work with FortisMM, Ibadan
- Agency activities with FortisMobile,Ibadan
- EazyMoney Agent training, Lagos state
- EazyMoney Agent training, Oyo State.
- EazyMoney Agency Training, Edo State
- EazyMoney Agent Training
- Group visit to Tigocash,Ghana
- TigoCash Agent branding stand, Accra
- TigoCash Agent outlet, Accra
- Tariff Table, TigoCash Ghana.
- Field work in Enugu State.
- Agent in Enugu State.
- Agency Field work in East of Nigeria.
- Merchant ID
- Splash MobileMoney Call Center Team
- Agent group Training, Lagos
- Agent group training, Lagos
- Splash MobileMoney, Sierra Leone
- Visit to Splash MobileMoney, Sierra Leone.