Nigeria:CBN Investigates Violation Of Banking Rules By Telecom Firm
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has said it is investigating the likely case of violation of banking regulation as it concerns mobile banking by a big telecommunications company in the country.
Governor of CBN, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, who disclosed this yesterday, also blasted those calling for his sack for daring to point out the anomaly of government spending 70 per cent of its revenue on itself, which leaves the majority of the people to suffer.
Speaking at the last day of the 18th Nigerian Economic Summit in Abuja, Sanusi said the big telecom company, (which is currently working in partnership with two banks in the country to provide mobile banking services), might have violated certain banking regulations.
“A big telecom company is violating our regulation. It is working with two banks. We are investigating the matter,” he said, insisting that since the CBN’s primary responsibility was to protect depositors, mobile banking transactions had to be spearheaded by banks and not telecommunication companies because the CBN regulates of banks not telecom companies.
- Global mobile financial services technology provider.
- A complete mobile money solution for mobile money providers in emerging markets.
- Serves both mobile and e-payment needs in the Nigerian market place.
- splash is Sierra Leoneís first mobile payment system.
- Teasy is an innovative Nigerian based mobile payment company
- EASY, INSTANT and CONVENIENT way of sending cash at ANYTIME, ANYWHERE, to ANYONE on ANY NETWORK
- Stanbic MobileMoney Agent at Shoprite
- Stanbic MobileMoney Stand at Shoprite
- Visit to Management of Comviva,India
- Agency field work with FortisMM, Ibadan
- Agency activities with FortisMobile,Ibadan
- EazyMoney Agent training, Lagos state
- EazyMoney Agent training, Oyo State.
- EazyMoney Agency Training, Edo State
- EazyMoney Agent Training
- Group visit to Tigocash,Ghana
- TigoCash Agent branding stand, Accra
- TigoCash Agent outlet, Accra
- Tariff Table, TigoCash Ghana.
- Field work in Enugu State.
- Agent in Enugu State.
- Agency Field work in East of Nigeria.
- Merchant ID
- Splash MobileMoney Call Center Team
- Agent group Training, Lagos
- Agent group training, Lagos
- Splash MobileMoney, Sierra Leone
- Visit to Splash MobileMoney, Sierra Leone.