eServGlobal Announces East African Mobile Money Deployment
eServGlobal , the global telecoms software vendor specialising in Mobile Money and Value-Added Services, announces that following an initial contract signature last year, it is now rolling out its mobile money solution to a mobile network operator in East Africa.
The contract includes the provision of mobile money, microfinance, credit, postpaid bill payment, mobile banking, salary disbursement, electronic recharge and mobile wallet functionality.
In the region where this solution will be deployed, the economy is largely cash-based with very low penetration rates of formal financial services. Salaries are primarily paid in cash and the majority of people lack ways to save or pay bills via electronic methods. Mobile phones provide a way to extend financial services to low-income customers given their wide-spread use in this demographic. Historically financial institutions have been unable to adequately service these people, especially in remote areas, given the cost of bricks-and-mortar branches.
eServGlobal's mobile money solutions provide access to mobile-based financial services such as a mobile wallet, mobile money transfer, bill payment and salary disbursement. The platform can also be extended to provide more advanced mobile financial services such micro insurance, savings and loans.
Paolo Montessori, COO of eServGlobal, said, "The deployment of these innovative services to a new customer demonstrates that eServGlobal's mobile money offering is tailored to match the evolving needs of the market. We expect this project to strengthen our foundations for further wins in this region. We continue to focus on building interoperable, mature mobile financial solutions for service providers across the African continent and throughout the world."
The operator is part of a telecom group serving the needs of customers across several African countries covering the areas of mobile, fixed, internet and broadband services.
Mobile financial services are increasingly being adopted by emerging and rapidly growing economies across the African continent. Total African mobile money transfers are expected to exceed $200 billion in 2015, accounting for approximately 18% of the continent's GDP.
eServGlobal will be showcasing its mobile money solutions next week at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, the world's premier mobile industry event. eServGlobal will be located at Hall 7, Stand E60 where visitors can experience the technology first hand via an interactive end-to-end mobile money demonstration.
- Global mobile financial services technology provider.
- A complete mobile money solution for mobile money providers in emerging markets.
- Serves both mobile and e-payment needs in the Nigerian market place.
- splash is Sierra Leoneís first mobile payment system.
- Teasy is an innovative Nigerian based mobile payment company
- EASY, INSTANT and CONVENIENT way of sending cash at ANYTIME, ANYWHERE, to ANYONE on ANY NETWORK
- Stanbic MobileMoney Agent at Shoprite
- Stanbic MobileMoney Stand at Shoprite
- Visit to Management of Comviva,India
- Agency field work with FortisMM, Ibadan
- Agency activities with FortisMobile,Ibadan
- EazyMoney Agent training, Lagos state
- EazyMoney Agent training, Oyo State.
- EazyMoney Agency Training, Edo State
- EazyMoney Agent Training
- Group visit to Tigocash,Ghana
- TigoCash Agent branding stand, Accra
- TigoCash Agent outlet, Accra
- Tariff Table, TigoCash Ghana.
- Field work in Enugu State.
- Agent in Enugu State.
- Agency Field work in East of Nigeria.
- Merchant ID
- Splash MobileMoney Call Center Team
- Agent group Training, Lagos
- Agent group training, Lagos
- Splash MobileMoney, Sierra Leone
- Visit to Splash MobileMoney, Sierra Leone.