Orange and MFS Africa launch international money transfer to Mali
Orange and MFS Africa extend the remittance service Orange Money Transfert International to Orange Money users in Mali.
Orange and MFS Africa today announced the addition of Mali to the growing portfolio of countries able to receive international remittances via Orange Money Transfer International (OMTI). Orange Money customers in Mali can now receive international remittances directly to their Orange Money accounts.
MFS Africa is the technology provider and operational partner for the service.
OMTI was originally launched in 2012. The service is designed to facilitate international remittances and extend the benefits of Orange Money to the diaspora community in France and beyond. To send money to friends and relatives in Mali, customers simply register on the OMTI portal,orangemoneyonline.com, pay with most major bank cards, and remit the funds.
The service offers fast and secure delivery at an affordable price, directly to the beneficiary’s mobile phone. Beneficiaries don’t need to be registered for Orange Money when the money is sent. In such events, Orange Mali contacts the beneficiary to arrange for an Orange Money account to receive the funds.
“Orange Money Transfer International now makes it easier and faster for Malians abroad to send money to their relatives in Mali, and at lower rates. We have developed a wide network of over 1,000 agents throughout Mali to facilitate the withdrawal of money for Orange Money customers, "said Jean-Luc Bohé, CEO of Orange Mali.
“The extension of the service to Mali, several months ahead of schedule, proves that simple, convenient and affordable money transfer services meet a real and urgent need,” said Dare Okoudjou, Chief Executive Officer of MFS Africa. “We are proud of being associated with Orange, a pioneer and leading advocate of mobile financial services. We look forward to transforming day to day life in Mali by introducing simple and relevant financial services such as international money transfer,” concluded Mr. Okoudjou.
About Orange Mali
Orange Mali is the leading mobile operator in Mali with more than 8 million customers, nearly 500 employees, generating 31,000 indirect jobs and contributing an estimated 3% of Mali GDP. Orange Mali has made significant investments in its infrastructure and organization to provide the best service quality to remain the market leader in the Mali telecom market.
Orange Mali has been a leading force in bringing Malians closer by developing telephone access in the Mali regions, covering some 14,000 towns and villages across the country. Orange Mali further contributes to development of connectivity in Mali by its membership in the consortium of operators for the construction of a new 1700 km submarine cable fiber optic ACE (African Coast to Europe).
The Orange Mali Foundation is a pioneer in Social Enterprise Responsibility through its government and civil society support in the fight against poverty and support for the most disadvantaged.
About MFS Africa
MFS Africa is a pan African company that develops, distributes and mange financial services through mobile. The company’s vision is to make available simple and relevant financial services to all mobile users across Africa and beyond. In February 2011 the company pioneered the fully mobile-based life insurance service Mi-Life in Ghana in partnership with MTN, Hollard Insurance and Microensure. In 2012, MFS Africa launched its mobile-based short-term loan service KwikAdvance in Ghana and Cameroon, its web-based international money transfer service in partnership with the MTN Group –MTNMMO.COM. MFS Africa currently operates in Benin, Botswana, Cameroon, Cote d’Ivoire, Ghana, Liberia, Madagascar, Mali, Rwanda, and South Africa.
- Global mobile financial services technology provider.
- A complete mobile money solution for mobile money providers in emerging markets.
- Serves both mobile and e-payment needs in the Nigerian market place.
- splash is Sierra Leoneís first mobile payment system.
- Teasy is an innovative Nigerian based mobile payment company
- EASY, INSTANT and CONVENIENT way of sending cash at ANYTIME, ANYWHERE, to ANYONE on ANY NETWORK
- Stanbic MobileMoney Agent at Shoprite
- Stanbic MobileMoney Stand at Shoprite
- Visit to Management of Comviva,India
- Agency field work with FortisMM, Ibadan
- Agency activities with FortisMobile,Ibadan
- EazyMoney Agent training, Lagos state
- EazyMoney Agent training, Oyo State.
- EazyMoney Agency Training, Edo State
- EazyMoney Agent Training
- Group visit to Tigocash,Ghana
- TigoCash Agent branding stand, Accra
- TigoCash Agent outlet, Accra
- Tariff Table, TigoCash Ghana.
- Field work in Enugu State.
- Agent in Enugu State.
- Agency Field work in East of Nigeria.
- Merchant ID
- Splash MobileMoney Call Center Team
- Agent group Training, Lagos
- Agent group training, Lagos
- Splash MobileMoney, Sierra Leone
- Visit to Splash MobileMoney, Sierra Leone.