mPowa targets telcos with new mobile payment solutions
British company to roll out new payment initiatives.
Mobile payments firm mPowa, is currently looking to meet growing demands from telcos across the globe by helping them to introduce mobile payment solutions to business users via its white label solution.
The British company is aiming to assist telcos in offering payment services that maintain their branding whilst utilising mPowa’s patented functionality, which works by inserting a credit card into a compact reader that is able to communicate with a mobile device via Bluetooth, therefore allowing merchants to accept payments on the go.
It is mPowa’s belief that this form of mobile payment service will bolster productivity and convenience for businesses, while also boosting the uptake of smartphones.
The firm is currently in advanced talks with several international blue chip companies within telecoms, along with a number of banks an retailers, with the aim of inking major deals in the near future.
Last year, mPowa signed a major contract with to supply its devices and payment infrastructure to First National Bank in South Africa.
Dan Wagner, founder and CEO of mPowa said, “It is incredibly competitive at the moment within the mobile sector and in order for telcos to gain market share, they are diversifying their businesses and offering new services. By doing so, they are able to deliver convergence and drive customer retention, particularly among business users.
“It was important for us to tailor our offering for telcos by presenting them with a compelling case as they look to maximise take-up of their services,” hecontinued. “We therefore aligned our service with their business goals. Smartphone ownership has increased exponentially over the last couple of years but there is still huge potential for growth.”
He concluded: “mPowa is a service that is specifically aimed at the users of smartphones and as a result, we will help telcos to generate growth in this area, especially as they aim to drive the usage of mobile data. And with SMEs among their customer base, many will be empowered to accept credit card payments on the move for the first time.”
- Global mobile financial services technology provider.
- Innovative Mobile Wallet service in Ghana.
- Serves both mobile and e-payment needs in the Nigerian market place.
- splash is Sierra Leoneís first mobile payment system.
- Teasy is an innovative Nigerian based mobile payment company
- EASY, INSTANT and CONVENIENT way of sending cash at ANYTIME, ANYWHERE, to ANYONE on ANY NETWORK
- Stanbic MobileMoney Agent at Shoprite
- Stanbic MobileMoney Stand at Shoprite
- Visit to Management of Comviva,India
- Agency field work with FortisMM, Ibadan
- Agency activities with FortisMobile,Ibadan
- EazyMoney Agent training, Lagos state
- EazyMoney Agent training, Oyo State.
- EazyMoney Agency Training, Edo State
- EazyMoney Agent Training
- Group visit to Tigocash,Ghana
- TigoCash Agent branding stand, Accra
- TigoCash Agent outlet, Accra
- Tariff Table, TigoCash Ghana.
- Field work in Enugu State.
- Agent in Enugu State.
- Agency Field work in East of Nigeria.
- Merchant ID
- Splash MobileMoney Call Center Team
- Agent group Training, Lagos
- Agent group training, Lagos
- Splash MobileMoney, Sierra Leone
- Visit to Splash MobileMoney, Sierra Leone.